As some will remember, a few months ago it was confirmed that the new film by the renowned director makoto shinkai«Suzume no Tojimari» (Suzume’s Door-Locking), would reach theaters in different foreign territories thanks to a joint effort between crunchyroll Y Sony Pictures Entertainment.
However, at that time it was only announced that the film would hit theaters abroad at the beginning of 2023, without going into many details about an exact release date, and given the different queries about its future arrival made by the public, platform crunchyroll provided new information about the arrival of Suzume no Tojimari abroad.
Under the title “suzume«, crunchyroll confirmed that the film will set foot on Latin American lands on April 13, 2023, although for the moment, this date corresponds only to the country”Mexico» and according to the report made on the official website of crunchyrollmore information about the arrival of the most recent film of makoto shinkai to more Latin American countries will be announced in the future.
Suzume – Official Trailer
Voice Cast Members:
- Hokuto Matsumura What souta munakata
- Nanoka Hara What suzume iwato
- Ann Yamane What Daijin
- Eri Fukatsu What tamaki iwato
- kana hanazawa What Tsubame Iwato
- Kotone Hanase What Chika Amabe
- Matsumoto Hakuo II What Hitsujirou Munakata
- Sairi Itō What Rumi Ninomiya
- Shota Sometani What Minoru
- Okabe Aimi What Miki
- Akari Miura What Suzume Iwato (Girl)
- Ryunosuke Kamiki What Tomoya Serizawa
- makoto shinkai is in charge of directing the film
- the animation studio CoMix Wave Films beside STORY inc. are in charge of the production of the film
- masayoshi tanaka (Kimi no Na Wa, Tenki no Ko) is in charge of the character design for the film
- Kenichi Tsuchiya (Kimi no Na Wa) is in charge of the animation direction of the film
In the month of May of this year, the production committee of the film Suzume no Tojimari announced that it will have a novel adaptation, which is written by makoto shinkai and it went on sale on August 24 of this year.
Synopsis of Suzume no Tojimari:
On the other side of the door, there was time in its entirety.
17-year-old Suzume’s journey begins in a quiet Kyushu village when she suddenly meets a young man who tells her, “I’m looking for a door.” What Suzume finds is a single weathered gate, standing amidst the ruins as if protected from whatever catastrophe might strike. Seemingly mesmerized by her power, Suzume reaches for the knob…
Gates begin to open one after another throughout Japan, unleashing destruction on anyone nearby. Suzume must close these portals to prevent further disasters.
the morning sky
Within that realm, it was as if all time had melted into the sky.
Drawn by this mysterious gate, Suzume’s journey is about to begin.