What passport should I use to travel to the United States if I have dual nationality?

What passport should I use to travel to the United States if I have dual nationality?

Written in TRENDS he

Many people around the world dream of taking a trip to state and although it is not the most common, many of them have dual nationality, which allows them to have passports valid passports from two nations in the world, therefore, these people will wonder which passport is more advisable to use? The first thing you should take into account if you find yourself in this case is to verify that both documents are current.

Then you must investigate the characteristics of each passport and the benefits that each one grants you, for example, you can evaluate the option that involves carrying out fewer procedures or with which you are granted benefits, for example, visa exemption. If you are a citizen of a Latin American country, but you have European origin and therefore have a second passport in addition to the one granted for citizenship, the logical thing would be to opt for the one that gives you the most benefits.

The visa exemption program is applicable to a long list of countries that do not require a visa to enter United States territory. If you have a visa from the following countries, you will only have to process accreditation in the Electronic System for Travel Authorization: United Kingdom, Czech Republic, San Marino, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Malta, Monaco, New Zealand, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Andorra , Australia, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Chile, South Korea, Croatia, Hungary.

Other benefits of having dual nationality

Another benefit of having double nationality is that if one of the nations for which you have a visa is on the list of countries with limited visas, you can use your additional accreditation to make your trip. In case you have passport From any of the countries that are in the visa exemption program, you must only process the ESTA through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization. You must request this application before planning your trip.

The procedure is carried out digitally via the internet, the procedure is carried out almost immediately and you will obtain the answer through the same website where you requested it, this document is valid for two years and allows you to be within US territory for a period of 90 days to carry out tourism, business or transit activities, its cost is 21 dollars. The requirements for the ESTA to be approved are: have passport integrated chip, have no criminal record and have your return ticket at hand.

Spread the love